LOUISVILLE, KY – (Could 22, 2023) – In 1953, GE Home equipment shipped its first equipment – a dryer – from its Equipment Park campus in Louisville, Kentucky. Over the previous 70 years, Louisville has been the most important manufacturing web site, analysis and improvement heart and the hub for improvements that form how American households reside.
“For seven a long time, Equipment Park has been a pioneer within the dwelling equipment trade,” stated Kevin Nolan, president and CEO of GE Home equipment, a Haier firm. “Right here in Louisville, GE Home equipment invents and builds merchandise that assist enhance life within the dwelling for households throughout the nation. Right this moment’s milestone is made attainable because of nice workers and the assist of valued customers, clients and neighborhood companions who belief and select us. As we glance to the long run, we’re extra energized than ever to proceed serving as a frontrunner in American manufacturing and as a great company citizen of our hometown neighborhood. By means of continued investments at Equipment Park, we’re growing even smarter merchandise, breakthrough options, and high quality experiences that simplify and convey worth to individuals’s lives.”
Since 2016, GE Home equipment (GEA) has invested $2 billion in new merchandise and superior manufacturing expertise for its 9 crops and nationwide distribution community to assist its technique to be nearer to clients and customers. Greater than $800 million of the whole funding has been spent in Kentucky.
- The headquarters and manufacturing operations in Louisville contribute greater than $7.4 billion to Kentucky’s gross home product (GDP).
- The corporate buys $517 million from roughly 640 Kentucky suppliers.
- In 2022, GEA introduced a partnership with Better Louisville Inc. (GLI), Louisville’s Metro Chamber of Commerce, to recruit and develop various suppliers to enhance financial inclusion in Louisville and assist the corporate’s objective to spend $1 billion with various suppliers by 2030.
“You could find a GE equipment in half of all U.S. houses because of the 1000’s of workers who’ve labored right here at Equipment Park by way of the years to supply greater than 240 million home equipment,” stated Peter Pepe, vp of garments look after GE Home equipment, whose group sits in AP1 – the primary manufacturing plant at Equipment Park. “The legacy of innovation that we proceed to construct on wouldn’t be attainable with out our terrific workers. They make one of the best home equipment on the earth.”
FACT SHEET – GE Home equipment in Louisville
From inventing the self-clean oven to the just lately launched award-winning, all-in-one GE Profile™ Mixture washer/dryer, discovering a greater means stays the main focus for GE Home equipment in Louisville. Right this moment, constructing on the legacy of Thomas Edison, greater than 1,600 engineers work all through 80-plus high-tech labs and state-of-the-art manufacturing services to design and manufacture the most recent dwelling home equipment, and 6,000 manufacturing associates construct home equipment in 5 massive crops throughout the large campus. In whole, GE Home equipment employs greater than 8,500 individuals in Louisville.
Key improvements developed by GE Home equipment in Louisville embody:
- 2014 – FirstBuild, GE Home equipment co-creation, maker house and microfactory launches on the College of Louisville campus, jumpstarting new product concepts
- 2013 – First linked wall oven launches
- 2003 – Producing nice meals shortly was the main focus of the GE Profile Ovens with Trivection Expertise launch. The expertise used a mix of three heating strategies – radiant, convection and microwave – to prepare dinner meals as much as 5 occasions sooner than a traditional oven.
- 1999 – Launched the Advantium™ velocity cooking oven utilizing halogen gentle and microwave expertise to prepare dinner meals 2-8 occasions sooner
- 1995 – First sensible dishwasher: auto sensing to gauge dirty dishes
- 1983 – Launch of totally automated meeting line producing plastic tub dishwashers
- 1980 – Introduction of the “Time Maker” vary with mixture typical/microwave oven to assist put together meals extra shortly
- 1978 – First above-the-range microwave to unlock helpful counter house
- 1971 – First transportable room air conditioner
- 1969 – First customized through-the-refrigerator-door ice and water dispenser
- 1963 – First self-cleaning oven
- 1962 – First packaged terminal air conditioner: the Zoneline®
- 1955 – The Filter-Flo® System for automated washers invented at Equipment Park to maintain the water clear by eradicating lint and different particles
GEA’s historical past in Louisville
- The unique plot of 900-plus acres of farmland for Equipment Park was bought in 1950 by Common Electrical.
- The groundbreaking of the primary manufacturing plant – Constructing 1 – occurred in July of 1951.
- It might take two years to construct up the services earlier than delivery the primary product on February 6, 1953.
- Later in 1953, the primary dishwashers and ranges had been shipped.
- With a legacy of firsts, Equipment Park was one of many first industrial parks within the U.S. and residential to the primary industrial UNIVAC pc.
- Equipment Park boasts its personal zip code – 40225 – and the present campus sits on 750 acres.
From sponsoring the very first Kentucky Derby Competition 50 years in the past to investing greater than $50 million during the last 10 years in public colleges and neighborhood organizations, GE Home equipment has been part of positively impacting the Louisville neighborhood for generations. GEA’s neighborhood investments have helped present inclusive occasions, break down limitations, enhance entry to academic alternatives and join individuals with the sources they must be profitable.
About GE Home equipment
At GE Home equipment we make the world a greater place, and our group is dedicated to main within the communities the place we reside and work. Right this moment, our home equipment are in 50 % of all U.S. houses, and our enterprise is dedicated to serving each household within the nation. We’re a purpose-rooted and passion-driven group that believes there’s all the time a greater means. We manufacture and promote merchandise below the Monogram®, Café™, GE Profile™, GE®, Haier, and Hotpoint manufacturers. Our merchandise embody fridges, freezers, cooking merchandise, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners and water filtration programs. For extra data on our firm, manufacturers, and company citizenship, go to www.geappliancesco.com.