HARVEY — From the Jefferson Parish College Board:
On Might 3, the Jefferson Parish College Board accredited new faculty attendance zone maps based mostly on the 2023 Infrastructure and Effectivity Plan. The vote got here in the course of the often scheduled faculty board assembly. The accredited faculty attendance maps can be found on the district web site at jpschools.org/2023Plan.
“The 2023 Infrastructure and Effectivity Plan expands alternatives for teenagers, maintains educator jobs, stabilizes the district’s monetary future, and addresses staffing shortages, getting old services, and declining scholar enrollment,” mentioned Ralph Brandt, Jefferson Parish College Board president.
The plan will go into impact for the 2023-2024 faculty yr. The plan and attendance zone modifications influence roughly 6,100 college students, which is 13% of the district’s practically 47,000 college students.
“Now we have listened intently to considerations from our faculty households and academics,” mentioned Dr. James Grey, superintendent of Jefferson Parish Faculties. “Now we have put in place helps and processes to make sure a easy transition for college kids and proceed to create a protected and optimistic studying atmosphere for all.”
Beneath are the varsity attendance zone shifts based mostly on the brand new maps. JP Faculties will ship letters to households with a scholar impacted, noting the coed’s 2023-2024 faculty in keeping with the accredited maps.
- Grace King Excessive College college students will transfer to Bonnabel Excessive College or Riverdale Excessive College
- Gretna Center College college students transfer to Marrero Center College or Livaudais Center College
- Helen Cox Excessive College college students will transfer to John Ehret Excessive College or West Jefferson Excessive College
- Some John Ehret Excessive College college students will transfer to L.W. Higgins Excessive College
- Joshua Butler Elementary college students will transfer to Isaac Joseph Elementary or Truman College
- Some Isaac Joseph Elementary college students will transfer to Decide Lionel Collins Elementary or Truman College
- Mildred Harris Elementary college students will transfer to Cherbonnier Elementary or Emmett Gilbert Elementary
- Some Emmett Gilbert college students will transfer to Cherbonnier Elementary
- Washington Elementary college students will transfer to Bunche Elementary
- St. Ville Elementary college students will transfer to Woodmere Elementary
- Some Audubon Elementary college students will transfer to A.C. Alexander Elementary
- Some AC Alexander Elementary college students will transfer to G.T. Woods Elementary
To help households and provide them most faculty selection choices, the district re-opened its College Alternative applications utility home windows from Might 1 by way of Might 12 for its ninth Grade Excessive College Alternative, Magnet College Switch Request, and Jefferson Digital Excessive College. For extra details about these processes, please go to jpschools.org/SchoolChoice.
The district can be allocating further help personnel and social employees subsequent faculty yr to impacted excessive colleges to help college students’ social emotional wants, guarantee a easy transition, and proceed to create a protected and optimistic studying atmosphere for all. Principals are engaged on actions and programming to conduct this summer time and fall to assist new college students acclimate. The district can be implementing the Good Begin program, utilizing the primary 4 days of college to present 9-Twelfth grade college students their very own devoted first day of college.
The district has and can proceed to adjust to state and federal regulation relative to lodging that our college students with exceptionalities want with a view to entry their instructional applications. District personnel are assembly with directors to share pertinent details about all particular training college students in order that there will likely be a easy transition. The district continues to work on bus transportation options, often analyzing ridership knowledge in an effort to consolidate routes and take advantage of the sources obtainable.
Certificated workers with a passable analysis working at a faculty that’s closing will keep their employment, wage, and advantages. The district has visited colleges to satisfy face-to-face with impacted workers to assemble their enter on the place they want to work subsequent faculty yr.
The 2023 Infrastructure and Effectivity Plan was created by the Meyers Engineering/MGT Consulting and accredited on the April 5, 2023 College Board assembly. The plan is the results of suggestions from the MGT City Corridor conferences held in March, dozens of neighborhood conferences, suggestions from varied stakeholders, and analysis by the district and unbiased training consultants. It additionally places into motion lots of the suggestions made by the Hill Group of their 2018 Jefferson Parish Faculties Instructional Facility Grasp Plan examine.